Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Seymour Sexton Saxon

So this is what I'm calling "scan" or "pencil 2" stage.

My pencils are usually either really, really loose and people say "your pencils are too loose for an inker to do anything" or they are really, really tight and people say "your pencils are ridiculously tight and leave no where for the inker to go" so I'm trying to strike a nice balance.

I've chosen to leave some edges a little loose and shaky and leave some detail areas out but give a generally strong depth of variety and render.

Here's what I would be handing off to someone else at this point.

The next step for me is bluelining it off and inking separate.  Normally I ink over my pencils and I'm tired of being criticized for it.  From now on, two separate portfolios.

This one is clocked at 5 hours.

2-1 was 1 hour.
2-2 was 2 hour.
2-3 was 2 hour.

Then I dicked around with it on the computer for a while so that's penciling time, not process time.  I'm codifying my system in notepad during this process.

- J.


No comments:

Post a Comment